Writer's Block: I Don't Normally Do This Kind of Thing @ 01:16 pm
Location (or, in some REALLY old entries, insult to Detect Button): I'm firin' my lazer at the detect button! SH00P DA W00P!
Have you ever found yourself enjoying something you had previously scorned as a cliché? What was it?
- Sonic games, but I still think Mario's better, and that there are far too many Sonic webcomics for any of them to be good. (One of the reasons I left SmackJeeves)
- "SH00P DA W00P". I thought it was a cliché until I saw its origin, the Lazer Collection, and decided that the Lazer Collection was cool, but overuse in webcomics isn't, another reason I left SmackJeeves.
- Chuck Norris jokes; I like to hear them only every once in awhile.
EDIT: One I couldn't think of off the top of my head originally:
- Boot to the head. I thought it, as well as anything at all Phoenix Wright-related, was cliché until I actually watched the video. 'Twas hilarious.
The opposite also happens to me sometimes - I enjoy something, but then later scorn it as a cliché. Here's a list of those:
- Starfox games
- Pokémon games (I still think the Red, Blue, and Yellow versions are good, though. It just got too complicated starting with Gold and Silver. And Nintendo had no right to replace Mewtwo with Lucario in SSBB.)
- Captain Falcon (It gets annoying to see and/or hear "FALCON PUNCH!!" a lot on the Internet)
For both lists, that's all I can think of off the top of my head.